Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ScrapFIT #38 Kick the Winter Blues

Good morning!! It's time for another ScrapFIT reveal today! Workout #38 is up, and it's all about breaking out of those Winter Blues. Create a layout, card or other project that includes RED, GREEN, YELLOW, ORANGE & WHITE.

I have to admit, this color scheme sounded hard for me, since I'm all about pinks usually. However, once I started, I LOVED how my layout turned out! Here it is...



I created a watercolor-type background with my homemade glimmer mists, and I love the way the colors blended together! I cut squares from random patterned papers in the required colors and inked the edges. I stamped around the edge of my stitching, and I created faux-stitching around my misted square. Amazing what a pen can do :)

I created these flowers...they're so easy! Cut a strip of paper and then begin folding it back and forth, creating an accordian-type of strip. Then you glue the ends together and flattened the "flower"...then adhere it to a small circle cut from paper. Add a button on top, and TA-DA....you've got a really cute flower!



You have until February 28th to link your entry to our Mr. Linky on the ScrapFIT blog for this Workout.
You also have time to join in on Workout #37 Dream a Little Dream


Winners from both Workout 37 & 38 will be anounced on March 1st. You could be the lucky winner of a great kit from Lucky Girl Crafts or a FITkit from ScrapFIT!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page !! I love your colors...really, really pretty ! :o)
    Great photo too :o) I like your squares and flowers too....very nice ! :o)
    Wish you a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute layout! Love your water color effect! Great idea to use a B&W photo with the bright paper and those flowers turned out awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete