Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3 New Layouts :)

I have been swamped lately! I feel like it has been forever since I posted a layout. I've been working on several things that I can't reveal yet...but I'll be able to post some of them on Friday.

Some great news to share...I am now a member of the Paper Issues Design Team! My friend Sara from ScrapFIT is also a member there, so I'm so excited to be working even more with her and our wonderful leader, Cassie. There are so many amazing scrappers there...I hope I can keep up with them!

I stumbled upon a few new blogs recently, and one of them was having a Design Team call. I figured, what the heck? I created the required layouts and sent them. Who knows if I'll make it, but I'm super happy with my work that came out of the application process! They're all from different sources of inspiration.

The first layout was based on this color palette. This was my first time staying within a certain color boundary. It was intimidating at first, but as I got into it, I loved it!


I used lots of Smooch Spritz (LOVE that stuff!) and created my background. I would never have thought to use these colors together, but I love the look! I'm usually into brighter colors, and this was so out of my comfort zone, BUT...I'm glad it forced me to try something new. And look at the awesome results! I love how it turned out! (I lifted this layout from one that Sarah Mullinax created...she is so talented!)


I keep seeing all of these cool transparency-type patterned circles in different layouts, and I have none...so I made my own. I simply found some patterns in the Clip Art of Microsoft Word and printed them onto transparency paper...so easy!


The next layout was based on this sketch:


I used red, yellow & purple since those are the base colors in the layout...or at least the colors that pop out to me.


I embossed the red circles...love my Cuttlebug :) I also did a lot of zig-zag stitching at the top & bottom.


The last layout is based on this magazine ad:


Here is what I came up with...I'm happy with the end result. I wasn't too sure about the titles all over the page, but I think they're perfect for this!


I punched some little circles, sprinkled them all over the page, and misted everywhere to create the background. Such a fun & easy way to make patterned paper! I already had this frog made, and I had to use it since it matches the one on Reese's pajama top. I also went to town with my doodling pen...it's amazing what some scribbles can do to a page!


Thanks for stopping by for a vist! Stay tuned for more pages coming up in a few days :)

3 comments:

  1. wow missy, great work. my fave is the Moments lo. fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts! Love the froggie page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pages Missy, and congrats on the DT spot!

    ReplyDelete