Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Paper Thrills Reveal!

This week's challenge is up at Paper Thrills...it's a color palette challenge! When I first saw it, I didn't think I'd be able to make it work. But when I saw these cute pictures, I knew they'd be perfect!

Here is the palette:


And here is my layout. I decided to start with a plain white piece of cardstock and make my own background using mists. I've used this technique before...all you need is a plastic up with the bottom end cut out. Place the cup where you want it and spray the mist through the bottom end...the more you spray, the more it can drip once you hold the paper up. I saw this awesome technique done by Lesley Langdon on the Shimmerz Blog...and I LOVE doing it!


I wanted to loop some floss around...something I've never done but love the look of.


And I couldn't resist making this little piggy once I knew the title of this page!


Not the usual color scheme for me, but AGAIN...I LOVE how it came together! This is why I love challenges....it pushes me out of my comfort zone...and that is when I ususally LOVE my layouts!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable lay out, and you did a great job working with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !!!.....This is my first time in here....and I just love everything in here....so many wonderful works...I love all the pages they look amazing...each details are gorgeus !!!I´m follower now.
    I wish a wonderful day and a great weekend!!!
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! The papers the pictures the colors the flags.. Everything is great and gorgeous!!
    Happy weekend, Annemieke

    ReplyDelete