Friday, August 12, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays 8.11 sketch & GDT entry

I had a small break from creating DT pages, so I decided to play with some Sketchy Thursdays sketches! First, I loved the current weekly sketch. It features three photos, and I've been looking for the right sketch for these Valentine photos of Reese. She had about five different Valentine shirts, so she wore a different one each day that week. Every time I tried to take her picture, these were the faces I got! So much for "being my Valentine"...haha! You can see what she thought...LOL!


I decided to use eyelets on this one...I tend to forget about them, but I love how this turned out with the ribbons.

I also decided to draw and hand-cut my title. It's not perfect, but I wanted a break from Thickers & cutting with my Cricut. I like trying new things!

These are some hearts I cut using some old hard plastic packaging and a Sizzix die. I inked the edges with some Smooch...pretty cool for a handmade embellishment.


I also decided to enter a layout for Sketchy Thursdays' monthly Guest Design Team. In addition to using the provided sketch, the layout needed to revolve around reading. I had some pics (or pic, rather) of Reese reading her favorite Dora book. I was nervous about scrapping them because of the bold red & blue colors...and I almost printed them in black & white. I'm SOOO glad I didn't! I love how this turned out! Totally out of my "color comfort zone!"

I used a flourish-type mask and misted lots of red on my white background, and then added a few sprays of blue. I used various patterned papers to cut circles.

I decided to scrunch up some of the background paper. I just sprayed it with water and scrunched...once it dried I inked it a little bit and added some background patterned paper behind it.

I did some more distressing and added some buttons & flossy bows.


Thanks for stopping by! I will be back with more probably sometime over the weekend. Have a great one!

7 comments:

  1. great take on this weeks ST sketch. love the fun pictures and colors you used.. fun touches on that.
    and I agree, great, bright colors on the second layout. Love the circles. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page. Very girly. Love what you did with the eyelets. it looks so good. Never looks like that when I use them...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!! that title on the first one and the stitching and hearts too!! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pages! I love how you are an expert with the colors and the mists and the fun messy stuff. Love them both! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO's, love the colours and embellishments in both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all the details on both of these layouts! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Sketchy Thursdays GDT challenge! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pages! Your kiddo has the best smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete