Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Scraps & More August Reveal

I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  It's currently raining here...it's kind of nice because I can hear distant thunder, and it's a nice steady rain.  I do hope it lets up at some point so we can go swimming.  In the meantime, I wanted to share my August DT projects at My Scraps & More.  This month, the team is featuring the mini-theme collections from Echo Park.  I got the pleasure of working with Birthday Girl, and it is SOOOOO adorable and fun!  The colors & patterns are right up my alley :)

I scrapped some photos from Reese's 4th Birthday (she's really about to turn 6!!  What!?)  I love the pretty pinks, blues & yellows in this collection. I printed my journaling on a transparency...I love doing that sometimes!  Changing it up from strips or handwriting...


I saw this super cute sketch on the Basic Grey blog and borrowed it for my page.


I love the banner paper...and I knew I wanted to use it for a background.  I usually don't use such a busy page for a background, so I tried to break it up by adding some yellow paint.

I also added a few buttons & some cute loopy loop border stamping.


I used this sketch from Page Maps.


My final page again features the adorable & fun banners...they are so easy to cut from the patterned paper!  I added some paint drips and some border punching.  There is also a fun journaling blog page...perfect for documenting those fun birthday memories.


I also made a card. I'm SOOOO not a good card maker...obviously. But I had a few odds & ends left with the kit, so I put this together. I think it's just fine for a 6-year-old...haha! I have to admit, I'm kind of embarrassed to even put it on my blog!


Check in with My Scraps & More all week to see what the rest of the DT created with their Echo Park kits. Have a GREAT day, and I'll be back later this week with more from Artful Delight, ScrapFIT and Challenge Me Happy!

6 comments:

  1. All of your layouts are adorable, Missy and I love the cute card!! These papers fit perfectly with your love of bright colors and all of your details on each of the layouts are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work, Missy!!! Love all the layouts, and that card is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous LO's and card, Missy. Love the bright girly colors!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, she looks so little!!! What a little dolly!! Your pages are all adorable, the colors are perfect and happy and bright...so many great details. As always, I adore your fun banners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work so much! So artistic and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your LOs are just adorable. I love the bright colours you are using, it makes the LO looks happy and cheerful 

    ReplyDelete