Friday, August 2, 2013

Guest Designing @ Simple Stories!

Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm THRILLED to be a Guest Designer for Simple Stories today!  I've been working on projects for this for the past month and today is the day I can let the cat out of the bag!  I'm up on the Simple Stories blog today with six layouts and three cards!  I received the entire collection of the I Heart Summer collection, and I just couldn't stop at three layouts.  Here are two of my pages and one of the cards.

This line is perfect for pool, beach and lake photos, and that's perfect for me because I have a ton of pool pics!  For this page, I began with some modeling paste and a circle stencil that I cut with my Cameo.  I watered down some blue paints and dabbed some on the circles.  I sprayed it with water and made it runny and messy.  The rest is layers, washi tape (from my stash) and embellishments from the collection.  I just adore the stickers and brads!  So much fun to work with :)


I love the big flair buttons!


A close up of the layers and other goodies...


This next page focuses on a lake photo from a few years ago.  I wanted to create a sunburst, so I pulled out my template and sprayed it with a golden/mustard color shine.  I used blue ink chalk to fill in the opposing rays.  I added in lots of paper layers with this one, as well as one of the dimensional stickers.  I didn't want to cover up too much of the sunburst, so I centered my big cluster in the corner.


Aren't those chipboard flip flops adorable?!  I also did a lot of edge distressing here, too.


More layers...


Here is one of the cards I created.....I'm not a huge card maker usually.  But Simple Stories makes it so easy with their pre-made titles!  I love how simple this one turned out.


I'll be back later on to share the remaining pages and cards with you.  In the meantime, you can hop on over to the Simple Stories blog to see it all!  Thank you so much to Layle for asking me to do this...it was AWESOME!!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

  1. Missy, congrats on guesting! Your pages are absolutely bursting with beautiful summer energy and fun, SO gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the GDT Missy! You totally rocked these. Love them all! Off to see your other ones at Simple Stories.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Missy! Such fantastic projects! I really love the modeling paste polkas, all inky and watery, on your first layout! Such great depth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo!! Congrats Missy! Love how you used this collection! It's perfect with your fun bright style!!

    ReplyDelete