Monday, September 30, 2013

A Penny for Your Thoughts (My Creative Scrapbook)

Hey, friends!  Today I'm sharing my last project using the September Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.  I really had fun with the Chalkboard line from We R Memory Keepers.  This is a rather serious page, and I just adore this photo of my sweet Reesie Cup.  Although she's seven now, this was from a few years ago.  The title of this layout is something I say often to myself when I look at her.  You would never know it, but she is autistic and nonverbal.  So is her little sister.  I don't make serious pages too often...I get too emotional about it.  But sometimes it just feels right to express those emotions when the right photo comes along.

Anyway...here is the page.  I was getting close to the end of the kit and used a lot of pieces I had left.  I added some stamping and masking to jazz up the background a bit.


I really like this big "&"...it's cute!


Little banner pieces are great for scraps, and they are easily layered together.


Love these MME brads and embellishments :)


Check out all the September kits HERE.  The October kits will be revealed on Saturday...along with a fun celebration starting over on the MCS blog!  Stay tuned for that...you won't want to miss it.

Thanks for stopping by today, and enjoy your Monday!

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, and that photo, wow! So love your script, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon! What a precious pic! LOVE how all of those pops of black really stand out amidst your pastel palette! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout to capture your thoughts on Reese's thoughts, Missy! And this is a great photo of her, to document the effects of the autism. She is such a pretty girlie...and has a great name, too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique ! J'aime la mise en page et les couleurs gaies. Je suis sous le charme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo---love how you traced your banners...what a lot to handle as a family, it must be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this page, Missy!!

    ReplyDelete