Wednesday, November 13, 2013

2 layouts & a tutorial for My Creative Scrapbook

Hello there!  Today is our first official "cold" day here in Florida!  It's in the low 60s at lunch time...that is about as cold as we like it...haha!  I know my northern friends are probably laughing their butts off!  I'm sure the 60s is a total warm front for them!  I definitely prefer our summer time temps :)

Anyway, I'm sharing two pages that I created with the November Main Kit.  I created a little tutorial for the My Creative Scrapbook blog as well.  This kit has a lot of Fall-related goodies, and well...we just don't ever really have an actual Fall season.  These photos are from Thanksgiving Day...and everything is still green, and we're still wearing shorts.  So I made a Fall layout "Florida Style"!


I added some modeling paste to the background, rounded up some cord and popped up this Echo Park title sticker.


I colored this flower and painted the wooden banner piece.


My tutorial is on how I colored this cream colored ribbon.  I wanted to bring in more pink to the layout to match my daughter's shirt, so I dyed it.



I always love getting the neutral colored ribbon in the Main Kits each month.  It's like a blank canvas in which to color it any way you want!  Here's a quick and easy way to customize your ribbon with a few tools likely already in your stash.  Check it out!


My second page is one of my favorites!  I made it a girly page.  I saw the packaging for the Prima flowers and knew instantly I wanted to use it on a layout.  It's a great way to make this otherwise neutral colored page "girly."  I used a Crafter's Workshop template and some ink to created my background lines.


I colored the wooden "love" word as well as the Prima flower.  I love altering things to match!


I colored this flower, too, and tucked it behind my layers.  Peek-a-boo embellishments are fun!


Some pink floss in the corner cluster brings in a spot of pink here...


These American Craft wooden pieces are so much FUN!

 
Another little snippet from my MCS tutorial...As you can see, I used it like I would a piece of patterned paper.  I didn't want to cover up the design on it, so I painted a flower pink and placed it a little to the left. 


So even though this is a Fall kit, you can see how I made it girly.  I hope this inspires you to break out your paints or mists and color something up!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love how you are making the Fall kit work for your photos, Missy! Since we are a little North of you, we actually got to have a fire tonight...the mid 30's for the low!! :) I love how your photos pop on the light Browns on the first layout, and the touches of Pink on your second page are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete