Sunday, March 16, 2014

Creative Scrappers #264

It's already time for another reveal at Creative Scrappers!  Time is just flying by, isn't it?!  You know what I just LOVE about these sketches?  They are always so different, and they force me to step out of my comfort zone.  I'm always nervous about starting one of these, but once I get going and finish my layout, I'm always in love with it.  I seriously doubt I would have ever created a layout in this style if it weren't for this particular sketch.  So let these help you create something you didn't think you could!

Here's today's sketch:


I pulled out some brand new products (for me, anyway)!  Studio Calico's Print Shop and American Crafts' Plus One.  I ordered them together, and as I was going through all of it, I realized some of it coordinated together.  All I have to say is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these lines so much!  I really should go ahead and order more....haha!

I scrapped this goofy Instagram photo of me and my husband.  Whenever he's driving us on a date, I pass the time with my phone.  I always try and take selfies just to be silly.  Well, at this moment in time he was blowing his nose...haha.  He likes to use these blue industrial strength cleaning paper towels....."because they hold up better than tissue."  I just go with it...it's a man thing, I guess...haha!  Anyway, the picture was hilarious and I just had to scrap it :D


I used lots of tangled thread around the page, and I just love this camera stamp!  I bought it at Michael's a few months ago...it's Recollections brand.


More thread, more pop dots.  I just adore these Studio Calico wooden veneer circles.  I painted this WOW one yellow, inked up the edges and backed it with black cardstock.  This frame sticker is in the Plus One line, and I pulled out some really old Lily Bee alpha stickers to finish off the sentiment.
I also added washi tape and watercolors to the edges of the background paper.


Lots of buttons here!  I also threw in some cord in this spot.  There is also some watercolor peeking out in various places underneath the layers.


I really love these foam Thickers words...they are awesome!  And this one was perfect for this page.  And that little puffy sticker...takes me way back to being a kid when I collected stickers :)


Today's reveal is amazing, so you must visit the Creative Scrappers blog to see what the rest of the team created.  LOTS of awesome inspiration there for you!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this page is amazing! I LOVE the picture and all your sentiments are just PERFECT for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is too funny, Missy!! I love how you mixed the Plus One and Printshop collections! They look great together and you really did an awesome job with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a fun and fabulous style Missy!! I am loving this page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Love it! I remember seeing your notes about this pic on facebook and it made me giggle. Love your work so much!

    ReplyDelete