Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This Brings Me Joy / My Creative Scrapbook

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you are all doing well today.  We had a really rainy day yesterday and were without power last night for a while.  So far, everything is okay this morning...still really windy and wet, but the rain has stopped.  This weather is such a downer and makes it hard to get up and get moving in the mornings.

On a brighter note, today I'm up on the My Creative Scrapbook blog with my March Main Kit projects and a little tutorial.  I've already shared a few of my pages with you.  Here is the third one I created with the kit, and it's one of my favorites :)  Isn't all this My Mind's Eye product just amazing?


I LOVE this big camera die cut...I have really been digging using cameras on my layouts lately.  I have a few that I've done this with.  I like it because it's fitting for every single page :)  Everything is about photographs, so what better embellishment than a cute camera?


These chipboard jars are just adorable...I layered them.  And it's crazy because I created my title before I noticed the one jar had JOY written on it in the same color and very similar font.  I guess it was meant to be :)  I also painted over the brown alpha stickers with silver glitter paint.


Lots of elements going on here....stickers, chipboard, die cuts, alphas...I tied some cord around this die cut just to jazz it up.


Sometimes I like to try something a little different when it comes to adding color and texture to my projects.  I'm a huge fan of mist, gesso, watercolors and modeling paste. I wanted to add a pop of subtle color & texture to my page without getting too messy.  I decided to try acrylic paint with a stencil, and the result was great!  Here's how I did it:



Here is one of the cards I created using the Main Kit.  What an amazing collection this is!


You can check HERE to see all the March kits.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Love the b&w photos with these soft colors Missy, and the chipboard jars make really cute embellishments on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy Fantastic work using that kit, Love your design style

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page! I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Love all the soft colors plus the black and white photos and camera make them really stand out! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete