Monday, May 19, 2014

It's Just Her Thing

Happy Monday, friends!  Today is very busy for me...I'm teaching three classes at the gym today, and I've got tons of housework to catch up on.  My husband was out of town on business last week, so I'm neck deep in laundry...ugh.  I needed to take a little break, so I thought I'd share a layout I created for My Scraps and More a few weeks ago.  It was for a Throwback Thursday challenge...to use a collection at least two years old and to create your own background on plain cardstock.

I used the For the Record 2 collection from Echo Park, and I used stencils, Dylusions spray and stamps to created a unique pattern on my white cardstock.


I think my two favorite things about this layout is how the yellow sunburst turned out and these alphas!  I used sandpaper over them to give them a faded and scratchy look.  Very cool effect, I think.


I like stamping onto transparency paper.  This was you can cut it out and place it where you want.  This arrow wouldn't have stamped very well over this thread, so with it being on transparency paper I'm able to put it wherever.  I added pop dots to that sticker, which I layered over another sticker.  And these fun bling brads are awesome!


More layers with bits and pieces from the collection...I still have some left over and will hopefully dig into it again soon!


Thanks so much for stopping by today....enjoy your Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Missy!! I love the stamping on the transparency and the sunburst is really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your idea of stamping on transparency is great! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfectly precious, Missy! LOVE all the bright, happy color and your mix of patterns! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete