Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pie Charts / My Mind's Eye

Happy Tuesday!  I'm so excited to share my latest layout for My Mind's Eye today!  It was up on the blog HERE yesterday.

I have really been inspired lately by die cuts.  If you own a Silhouette Cameo or another type of die cutting machine, you know how easy it is to get almost any shape you want or need.

I love this pie chart shape!  It's one that Two Peas had, and I've always wanted to create a layout like this, backing the pie charts with different patterned papers.  I used the beautiful Market Street Ashbury Heights line for this.

I love the shiny gold in this collection, so I incorporated the metallic tape in gold to the mix as well.  I cut a few smaller pie charts that I didn't back with paper to add some texture and interest to the white space.  This collection is so versatile and can be used for many types of photos.


The chipboard words are amazing in this line.  The colors are so pretty, and the fonts are awesome.  I layered one of the mixed bag banners with chipboard here as part of my title.


Don't these colors and patterns go so well together?  I love how they all look up next to one another like this.  That gold glitter tape....I can't stop using it!  It adds such a brilliant sparkle anywhere you use it.  I added in some gold thread underneath my photo.  I love the look of a neat page with a bit of a messy factor thrown in :)


Lots of layering going on here...chipboard, stickers, paper, thread.  It all coordinates so well together.  I like making sure all the colors in my layout are sort of evenly distributed around the page, and the chipboard pieces make that easy to do.


I hope this inspires you to incorporate die cuts into your layouts.  They really do add that little something extra to your designs, and it's fun to play with them.  They make great layers as well as focal points.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Love the way you used the pie chart circles, Missy!! This is a new favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Just love all these MME goodies, girl! I soooo need to find more time to play with all of my new stuff ;). I don't know where you find all the time, but I'm totally loving this! And those little, scattered pies add such yummy movement to your overall design. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous layout, Missy! The colors and design are awesome, and I love your pie charts!

    ReplyDelete