Thursday, September 11, 2014

A layout for MME + a Chickaniddy Sneak!

Happy Thursday, friends!  I'm really excited to share my latest layout for My Mind's Eye with you today!  It went up on the blog a few days ago.  It features the new Jubilee Wild Berry collection, which is just amazing.  I saw this background paper and it was just begging for some color!  So I grabbed my gesso and watercolors and gave it some :D

I was inspired by the 3x4 journaling cards in this line.  This one (You are such a gem) was already painted with a pink watercolor effect, so I tried to recreate that look in the background.  I knew I wanted to use that as my title.  I love the black against the pink, and that font is awesome.  I did use a few decorative tapes from other MME lines as well.


Here I layered lots of goodies...die cuts, frames, chipboard, thread, flair...it's all so fun and easy to put together in a cluster.  I also like the visible texture from the gesso and watercolors.


These little days of the week sticky notes are so fun!  And there's a whole stack of them...so you probably won't run out any time soon.  I added a chipboard button and flower, a brad, an enamel heart and a die cut.


Flair pins...eeeeek!   Need I say more?!  I felt the need to layer things on top of my photo in this layout.  It just worked.


And a final shot of the watercolors down at the bottom.  I can't get enough of paint these days!


And before I go, I am up on the Chickaniddy blog today!  I'm sharing my first layout as a design team member for the new term.  It's a cute Halloween layout, and I hope you like it!  Check it out HERE.  Here's a little sneak of it....


Thanks so much for stopping by today...I am so thankful for all of my blog readers!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE how you toned down the background with all the paint color!!! totally stunning and your layers ROCK!!! LOVE your halloween page too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Missy!! This layout is amazing! All of the colors pop, and I love all of the great layers behind the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MISSY!
    LOVE your layout...how awesome that you're able to pull all this loveliness together and yet your photo of your sweet girl is still the focal point.....absolutely AMAZING layout....and of course, I LOVE your Chickaniddy layout too :)

    ReplyDelete