Tuesday, September 9, 2014

La La La Love You / My Scraps & More

Hello there :)  The layout I'm sharing today features an older Glitz collection...Finnley.  I worked on going through some of my stash last month, and my Glitz lines were the target.  I made four pages using a few of my stashed away collections.  I made this one for one of the summer challenges over at My Scraps & More to use a HUGE title on a layout.  I chose this adorable cut file from The Cut Shoppe and blew it up really large.  It just seemed to be meant to work with the design of this layout, and I really love how it turned out.


I jazzed up this beautiful green background sheet with a stencil and modeling paste and a little watercolor.  I used black & grey to add a little bit of darkness here and there since there are black elements scattered around the page.  I doodled an outline around the title to make it pop a little more.


I used lots of stickers from the collection as well as some of the pocket cards, die cuts and giant rhinestones.  This line is actually a baby collection, but it reminds me of Christmas. I made a layout about neither, and it still works!  I think it's because of all the green in my photos.  I also added lots of stamping on my background.


Layers are so much fun to build.  I think my favorite part is building a layer cluster and tucking things in underneath.  I added pop dots to my photo...it just adds that little something extra to the page.


I hope this inspires you to use a really big title on a layout.  Don't be afraid to go bold!  It's really fun!

Thanks for visiting me today, and have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorites you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute page! I love the green background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughters are both so gorgeous. Love the way the green background is gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this page! that font is adorable with the Finnley line! Congrats an really rocking that line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome layout, Missy! I love the way you used the large title on your layout!! And the colors from the Finnley collection look really great!!

    ReplyDelete