Thursday, February 12, 2015

Love This / The Cut Shoppe

Happy Thursday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my latest layout for The Cut Shoppe.  It was up on the blog last week.  I'm loving all of the fun Valentine related cut files being added to the shop lately!  I'm a sucker for anything to do with love or hearts.  I used two of the new cut files in my layout for today.  I used Love Letters and Addicted to Love.


I decided to enlarge a few of the hearts from the background cut file and overlap them onto my photos.  I cut them in white cardstock and then used various shades of pink, red and purple gelatos to shade them in.  I used some Shimmerz Coloringz and Dazzlerz to create the pretty aqua color on the background. I used some embellishments from the American Crafts Serendipity line, a few random washi tapes and finished it off with some machine stitching.



I cut a few of the background hearts in a smaller size and kept them white.  I'm really love the white-on-white trend these days.


I just used these big cuts as big paper clips, so to speak.  I love the dimension of overlapping them onto the photos.


I added in a few flair buttons from my stash here...I love when pieces from my stash match perfectly!


One more close up of the top of the layout...another white heart.  I also used the negative heart pieces and stitched four of them down around the page.


I hope this gives you a few more ideas on how you can use the background cut files...they're very versatile and can be blown up and used as main design elements.  Really fun and easy!

And Ashley is having a great sale just in time for Valentine's Day!  Check this out!  You can save 30% on your purchase today through Sunday.  Use the code LOVE30. She really does have some awesome cut files in her store!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love this Missy! The watercolors look great on the cut files, and the colors you used are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page Missy, love it!

    ReplyDelete