Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cat Photobomb / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday, friends!  I hope you're having a great weekend.  This is the first weekend of Spring Break, so I'm looking forward to a week of slowing down, catching my breath and relaxing!  No school schedule for the kids....yay! 

So this is my latest layout for Hip Kit Club...and it makes me laugh.  I was trying to get some cute action shots of the girls out on the patio one afternoon, and the cat wouldn't stop crashing the pictures.  Paige kept chasing him and trying to grab his tail...she has no fear.  The biggest picture is so funny because you can see his little head on the lower left...he was literally laying down on his back and his eyes are open wide.  He looks dead, but he's not.  It just looks like he photobombed the picture.  Silly cat!

All of these gorgeous products are in the 2015 March Hip Kits.  I started with this Crate Paper wood grain paper and added some of the yellow Dylusions using some plastic packaging.  I didn't add the blue color until much later...and I go into lots of detail about this in my process video, which you can see down below.  You can see this layout up on the Hip Kit blog as well.


I really love the look of the yellow and blue mixed together on this wood grain.  I threw in some pops of pink as well.  I wanted to play off the yellow in her shirt.  I used four smaller photos at the bottom because they were all too cute not to use!  I backed the second one and raised it up to break up the monotony of four photos right together.  I added some stitching, some tangled thread and a Project Life card that I tore in half.


You know me....I love layers of things, and this one is no exception.  You can tell my journaling is kind of sketchy.  That's because the clear gesso I used (by Liquitex) is really gritty.  It's hard to get my pen to write smoothly over it.  It's not a huge deal, but it does sort of mess my pens up.  Once this bottle is empty, I'm going to try a different brand.  This cute camera circle is one of the exclusive die cuts made just for Hip Kits!  That gold circle is from an MME sticker sheet.


Isn't this such a pretty blue?  I got this color by mixing the Calypso Teal Dylusions from last month's Color Kit with this month's Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint.  It matched perfectly!  I also added a few Pinkfresh Studio die cuts and some Crate Paper chipboard arrows.


One last close up of the title work....a Cameo cut mixed some kraft Thickers.  This font is awesome because the letters are tall and thin and are great for long words....like Photobomb.  :D


I hope this inspires you to create a page using lots of photos!  I think the key is making them small.  Sometimes you have a series of photos that are all good, and you just want to include them all.  I say go for it!

Here is my process video showing how I put this layout together from start to finish.  Enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors on this fun page Missy! Also love your process videos, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color you used in the background Missy, and the way you arranged the photos to include so many on your page!!

    ReplyDelete