Friday, May 22, 2015

Jillibean Soup Guest Designer

It's Friday!  Yay!  Earlier this month, I had the honor of Guest Designing for Jillibean Soup.  I made two layouts and two cards, and today I'm sharing one of each.  I was thrilled when I made the list of Guest Designers last year.  For this layout, I used the beautiful Summer Red Raspberry Soup collection.

I started by using a square punch to create a grid design full of patterned paper squares.  I adhered them and stitched them down with my Brother.  Next, I came in with a little bit of gesso and watercolors to add a bit of messiness behind my photo.  I used a few pieces of patterned papers to layer behind my photo and then embellished around it with wood veneer, stickers and die cuts.


Here you can see how some of the squares aren't lying flat...that's because I added the watercolor there.  I like how it does this...it adds a bit more dimension.  I added in some tangled thread in between my layers here.


I love using my Cameo to create part of my titles, and so I cut the word "joy."  I used some of the Mini Alphas in the collection as well.


Here's one more look at the stitching and the watercolor.


Here's one of the cards I created.  I'm not the greatest card maker, so I just approached this like I would a layout without a photo.  I used the triangle placemat as a stencil and blended some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink over it.  I hand cut the wonky circles from patterned paper and then punched the large center one.  I used some white gesso to blend out some of the color right behind my die cut title.  Some thread finished it off.  I used the Saffron Yellow Pepper Soup collection for this.


Thank you so much for looking today!  I'll be back in a few days to share my other two GDT projects here.

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. No way!!! Amazing projects!! That layout - I can't believe my eyes, I just love it SO much!!!! The squares and the water color and stitching - wow! LOVE!!!! And the card is so awesome!!! LOVE the stenciled background and the 'sunshine' element! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grid design Missy! The bright colors look great on the wood grain background paper! And the mix of circles and triangles on your card is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, love! Such a sweet mix of patterns and happy color! You're the queen of such ;). And it all looks so fabulous atop that woodgrain backdrop.

    ReplyDelete