Thursday, May 7, 2015

Road Trippin' / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, and Happy Thursday! It feels like forever since I created a layout for The Cut Shoppe!  I can't believe it's May already....wow!  I'm excited to share this travel-inspired page with you.

For today's layout, I used a few different cut files.  I used Happy Camper, Here & There, and Scalloping Circles cut files. I was in the mood to create a travel-themed page, and these files jumped out at me.


I used the Scalloping Circles as a background element.  I cut it in white cardstock and then adhered it to another sheet of white cardstock.  Then I used gesso to cover a  huge portion of it to prepare it for some mixed media work.  I used a few distress inks and some plastic packaging to create my messy background.  I wanted the circles to be subtle and add interest and texture.  The collection I used is called Modern Girl from Bo Bunny.  I really just loved the fun colors.


Lots going on here...you can really see the ink up close and all the layers under the photo.  I added some vellum under the picture, too.  I used gelatos to color the edges of the "Road Trip" triangle, and I used distress inks to color "destination."  That's the beauty of cutting files onto white cardstock :)  I printed my  journaling on my computer since there was no easy spot to write it.  I didn't want to try and write over the background cut file.


I love the white-on-white look...perfect for a big busy cut file background without being TOO busy.  I did trace around it with a silver pen to give it a little bit of clarity.


Aren't these viewfinder pieces so cute?  I cut them from patterned paper and tucked them into my layers.  I think they are perfect for echoing the circles in the background.


I added in lots of wood veneer from Studio Calico.  I colored this one with blue gelatos and then adhered it over some red thread.  That cute flair button is from A Flair For Buttons.  I don't use red a whole lot on my pages, so this cute button just had to be used on this page!


One more look at the top...you can see where I stitched and added in some washi tapes.


I hope this inspires you to create a fun travel page!  There are a lot more travel cut files available in the shop!

Here's a process video showing how I created this page from start to finish.  Enjoy!



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. The office tour is the tour in which all the colleagues of the office have the joy of the tour with each other. The school tour is also so much special and memorable. The tour with the family will bring all the members close. Therefore, these all tours have their own specialties.

    ReplyDelete