Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sister Selfies / My Scraps Sketch #106

Hey, friends!  Have you seen the latest sketch over on the My Scraps Sketch BlogAna Castro designed it, and it is nothing short of awesome!  Honestly, if I wouldn't have seen this sketch, I would never have come up with this layout.  And I really LOVE how it turned out.  You simply must play along with us this month!!

Check out this sketch...the film strips are SO cool!


Here's what I created.  I hardly EVER start out with colorful cardstock, but this just sort of happened.  I started with cutting some film strips in black cardstock on my Cameo.  I pulled out the Simple Stories Snap! Life Documented collection, and the turquoise blue color jumped out at me for some reason.  I only have the 6x6 Paper Pad and the embellishments, so it was perfect for this.  I only need some papers for my layers and then stickers, brads and chipboard pieces to embellish.


I did add some white gesso to my background and then came in with some Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.  I used the same ink with a foam blender through a My Favorite Things square stencil to add a little more interest to the background.  I felt that I didn't need a whole lot of mixed media for this.  I love the small nature of everything in this design.  The stickers and this chipboard camera are my favorites!


I love these clear stickers...they come in black and white.  They just fit so perfectly in these little open spots of the film strips.  I added in lots of little bits and pieces throughout the page.  And I cut "Selfies" on my Cameo.


Here's a look at the subtle square pattern created with the ink and stencil.  I also love the addition of the tangled thread and the stitching.


One last close up of the title area.  I used white tissue paper under my photos as part of the layers.


This was SO much fun to put together!  I love that it's different than what I usually make.  You should definitely give this sketch a try...it's my favorite so far, I think :)

Go HERE to check out the My Scraps Sketch Blog and play along!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This layout is completely amazing Missy! You definitely rocked this sketch! I love the contrast of the Black film strips and b&w photos with the bright Blue cardstock! And the photos of you and your sister are so fun!

    ReplyDelete