Sunday, June 7, 2015

Happy Hose Time / Hip Kit Club

Happy Sunday, friends!  It's time to share my last layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2015 May Kits.  I really enjoyed putting this one together.  I was very inspired by the extremely talented Irit Landgraf, who is also a design team member.  She is a mixed media genius, and you should definitely check out her blog.

The rainbow colors in my daughters' swimsuit sparked the background in this page as well.  I pulled out all the different inks, paints and sprays we've received in all our Hip Color Kits since February.  As you can see, there are plenty of color combos to create a gorgeous rainbow effect.  I covered up the middle portion of the American Crafts black dot paper with white cardstock and then covered a lot of it with white gesso first.  Then I built all that color, and you can see how I did that in detail in my process video down below.


I used lots of the Dylusions sprays (teal, pink and yellow), Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink, Electric Lime & Lemon Twist Paint Dabbers and Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint. I used the paint dabbers to color this Evalicious wood veneer.  The stamps are from the Project Life kit, and they're Chickaniddy Crafts.


I think this is my favorite shade of blue ever!  I love all of these bright colors together...just so pretty.  The tag under my picture is from the Pink Paislee ephemera pack.  I added in my own cord.


This cute yellow "Happy" card is from the PL Kit.  I added in lots of alphas...from Pebbles, Chickaniddy and some Thickers.  I used the black watercolor pencil from the Prima set from the April Color Kit to trace through one of the American Crafts stencils....I love how that turned out.  I also used some of the stencils with the paint dabbers on the background....you can see that yellow flower up on the top right here.


And one more close-up of the flower stencil.  I just love the fun and random look of this...it's fun combining the packaging technique, the stencils, paint splatters and stamping.  The key is just make sure each color is dry before adding the next.  You don't want to wind up with a dark grey muddy mess.


Here is a look at how I created this page from start to finish.  I hope you enjoy watching!


Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the amazing colors on this layout Missy! The rainbow look is so awesome!! And I love all of the fun layers to complement the colors!

    ReplyDelete