Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Life in the Pool / CREATE Magazine

Hey there, friends!  I wanted to hop on today and share the last projects I created for the May 2015 issue of CREATE Magazine.  I created this for the Sketch section of the magazine, and the layout I created just screams SUMMER...can you tell?  :D

Summer pool pictures are my favorite kind to scrap because they include my favorite things...happy and bright photos and super bright colors!  I started by coating the white cardstock with gesso.  I came in with some blue watercolor and created some "water splashes" to echo the water from the pool photos.  I used some American Crafts, Simple Stories, October Afternoon and A Flair For Buttons products on this.


I love these little word banner strips!  There a ton of different ones in the Silhouette store.  I cut them on white cardstock and then used gelatos to color them.  I added some machine stitching as well as some tangled thread.  I also used a lot of pop dots to raise everything up.


Here you can see the pretty watercolor on the background and a lot of the layering.  Isn't that flair button just adorable?  I love tucking them into the paper layers so they peek out.


This sunburst started out on white cardstock.  It's a stencil, and I used Mustard Seed Distress Ink and a blending tool to color it.  Then I decided to fussy cut it and use it as a separate embellishment.  I'm glad I did because I love the texture and dimension it gives cut out!  I stitched through several of the rays and added my title on top of it.


I also made a fun card for this issue using the Stitched collection from American Crafts.  This card was also made from the card sketch.


And finally, the tag I created from a sketch as well.  More American Crafts...the Serendipity collection.


You can see the full magazine HERE and download a FREE copy for yourself!

Thanks for looking today, and have a wonderful Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bright pops of Yellow on this layout Missy, and the way you balanced out the design with the large sun and your journaling!

    ReplyDelete