Thursday, June 4, 2015

Today / A Flair For Buttons + a Cut Shoppe WINNER!

Hey there, and Happy Last Day of School!  I'm back to share another layout for A Flair For Buttons using some fabulous flair.  I decided to create a rather clean layout for a change.  I have been itching to use up some of the American Crafts Serendipity collection, and as I was sorting through the papers, this gorgeous pink sheet jumped out at me.  It's so beautiful as a background that I didn't feel the need to muddy it up with any paint or anything.  I fussy cut some flowers and that cute mason jar to surround my photo.  I pulled my two flair buttons from two different sets, and they both coordinate perfectly.

Today


This beautiful green flair matches the green leaves and stems.  I don't have the name of the set it comes from since the shop is temporarily closed.  I've had this one for a while and can't remember the name.  I bunched up some gold thread into a circle and glued the flair on top of it.


Today4

Here's my other flair button.  You can't go wrong with cameras, right?  I layered this one on top of some washi tape and paper strips.  I added in some machine stitching, more circled thread and a few stickers.

 Today5

This aqua blue color is just beautiful to me.  I also threw in a bit of purple since it is included in the collection.  My photo also has purple in it.  I did add a bit of modeling paste to the back...but you almost can't see it.  I scraped it over a lined stencil.  Once it dried almost clear, I decided to not go any further with mixed media.  This just gives the background a bit of texture.

   Today1

Gold Color Shine....be still my heart!  I can't get enough of that stuff!  It adds the perfect touch to just about any layout.

 Today2

One more close-up of the upper left area around the photo.  I had this circle die cut lying on my desk for a while.  I used some gelatos to color it aqua and then added in this white and gold die cut behind it.  I just really love adding layers :)


Today3

One of my flair buttons is from this set...Capture These Moments.

Capture The Moments

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to check out the A Flair For Buttons Shop and have a look around.  So many gorgeous flair buttons to choose from! 

And before I sign off for the day, I wanted to announce the WINNER of the Arrows With Attitude cut file from last week's giveaway for The Cut Shoppe......and it is.......

STACIE D!!

Stacie, please email me at missy@whiddendesign.com and I'll pass along your info to Ashley so she can get your new cut file to you!  Thanks to everyone who commented!


Have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Love everything about it. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love everything about this layout Missy! The fussy cut flowers look beautiful around your photo and I love the splattered Gold Color Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pretty pink LO and I am emailing as I see my name as the cut file winner! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete