Thursday, July 9, 2015

Diagon Alley / Shimmerz

Happy Thursday, friends!  I have a fun Shimmerz layout to share with you today.  I used a lot of gorgeous Shimmerz products to create this page about Diagon Alley.  If you're a Harry Potter fan, you'll know exactly what this place is.  My friend Jennifer and I went to Universal Studios a few months ago and explored this new area, and it was so awesome!  I had to scrap these pictures of the Gringott's Bank with the huge dragon on top.

I started with a chevron stencil and some Texturez in Gritty Graphite.  I came back over that with a little bit of Foiled Again Dazzlerz, which is a light silver color.  Once that dried, I used several different products in blue shades to create that watercolor look and all the splatters.  I pulled in embellishments from Elle's Studio, Freckled Fawn and A Flair For Buttons.


Here you can see all the shades of blue.  I started with Me & Blue Inklingz, which created the lightest shade.  I just used my brush and painted it on.  I also used Shimmerz in Ultra Marine and Tickle Me Turquoise, Coloringz in Heidi Ho Blue, Vibez in Blue Jeans and Jeni B Bleu.  I added in a bit of grey with Creameez in Thunderstorm.  All of those together really creates a gorgeous palette.  I added in a lot of machine stitching as well.


Here's a look at the right side.  I really wanted to pull from the pretty blues in the photos, and all of these products did that for me.  I love the touches of silver that the glitter stars give.


I pulled embellishments that accented the blue and then added a few with a bit of green.  I really like how all the shades look together.  I kept this part of the layout clean so the die cuts stood out.


I used the Inklingz to paint this wood veneer...it was super easy and fast.  And you can add even more coats if you want it darker.


Check out this awesome background!  The Texturez is perfect for this...it's really gritty and leaves an amazing texture.  The Dazzlerz are so shiny and slick...I love using them together because you can really see the contrast.  These silver Thickers remind me of the Foiled Again Dazzlerz....shiny and gorgeous!  I also used the Ultra Marine Shimmerz on that arrow wood veneer.


Here's a process video of this layout from start to finish if you're interested in watching...hope you enjoy!



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Products Used:
Texturez--Gritty Graphite
Dazzlerz--Foiled Again, Gummy Berry Blue
Inklingz--Me & Blue
Shimmerz--Ultra Marine, Tickle Me Turquoise
Coloringz--Heidi Ho Blue
Vibez--Blue Jeans, Jeni B Bleu
Creameez--Thunderstorm


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! That background and shimmer...it's magival! (Which is perfectly appropriate for this Harry Potter layout! Side note: I have been wanting to go there FOREVER!! And even lived in FL when it opened...still haven't made it!) anyway, the texture...the stitching...I am in big huge puffy heart love with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so amazing Missy, and I love the look that the stitching creates in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just LOVE your videos, your work is gorgeous!!! I have a couple of questions, what white brand of white paper do you use for your layouts and what font did you use on the cameo for the word Diagon?
    Thanks so much! Again love the videos!
    Lori Henkel

    ReplyDelete