Monday, July 20, 2015

You Make Me Happy / GDT @ The Rubber Cafe

Happy Monday, everyone!  I have another bright and fun card to share using the July Kit of the Month from The Rubber Cafe.  I'm guest designing there this month, and I've been having so much fun making cards!  This kit is so full of bright Summer colors and images!  I couldn't resist using this adorable pinwheel stamp on some of the gorgeous Doodlebug patterned papers.  I decided to create a simple landscape using some Distress Inks, patterned paper and ribbon.  The result made me smile because it's just so happy :)


Here's a close-up...those pinwheels are so cute.  I just stamped them and then cut them out.  Super easy!  And you can get different effects by using different papers.


I combined these three colors of Distress Ink to create the sky.  I just lightly moved the foam applicator in a light circular motion until I got the effect I wanted.  Then I splattered some water droplets to create the look of bits of cloud.


Next, I added some of the green patterned paper from the 6x6 paper pad.  To add some fun texture, I added a strip of adhesive and then stuck the green ribbon down, pleating it as I went.  The pleats stuck straight up like this at first.


I ran it through my sewing machine using green thread and a few different stitches. I love how it turned out!  A little uneven and bumpy...it is grass, after all!  :D


I hope this gives you some inspiration for another idea on how to use your July Kits!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' -Creative Cafe' kit- Too Much Sun-
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe' kit- Too Much Sun - Doodlebug 6x6 pad
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Ranger Archival Ink
Embellishments: Ribbon & Stickers from the kit
Tools:  Ranger foam ink applicator


2 comments:

  1. Such a fun card Missy! I love the stitching through the ribbon and the fun pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome card!!! Looooooove this!!

    ReplyDelete