Sunday, September 20, 2015

Love This Funny Girl / Hip Kit Club + October Kits Reveal!

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm sharing another layout I created for Hip Kit Club using the beautiful 2015 September Hip Kits.  I was really inspired by this awesome ampersand patterned paper from Dear Lizzy.  Since it's busy, I used lots of white gesso to tone down some of the pattern.  The gesso helps to fade things out so they look kind of washed out.  After that, I used various inks to create a watercolor effect.  I show exactly how I did this in my process video below.

I used a few Project Life cards as layers behind the photo and one of the cut-aparts from the Amy Tan sheet which is in the Paper Kit.  I also used some of the slate cardstock to create and cut a large ampersand on my Cameo for another embellishment.  There are several pieces in the kits with ampersands, so I made sure to include them on this layout.


Here you can see some of the watercolor on the background and the machine stitching.  I love the texture of the cardstock!  It's so simple yet so striking and interesting at the same time.  I cut that big circle piece from a Project Life card.  That red ticket is a rub-on that I adhered to white cardstock and then cut out so I could place it where I wanted with dimension.  I just love the Dear Lizzy puffy stickers...and this pink one had an ampersand on it!


I hope you got your hands on the Color Kit this month because these Elle's Studio alpha stamps are beyone awesome!  The Color Kit also includes three Distress Markers, and I used the Blueprint Sketch color to give these letters some shading.  They do react with water, especially with gesso behind them.  I used dark grey thread to stitch around all the background layers as well as a giant circle around the entire design.


One of my favorite parts of this layout...the wood veneer!  I coated it with white gesso and then used gelatos to shade it.  I traced the edges with a black Sharpie to make it stand out a bit more.  I used one of the Amy Tan tags here, and I added in a few more rub-ons, die cuts, wood veneer and enamel hearts.


I just LOVE these tall skinny Thickers...I wish I had every color of them!  I added my journaling right onto the background here and curved my stamping to match the circle.


Here's the process video to this layout if you're interested in watching how it came together.



And now I'd love to share the 2015 October Hip Kits!!  They should be shipping in a few weeks....they are SO pretty!!

Main Kit
Embellishment Kit

Paper Kit
Cardstock Kit
Color Kit
Project Life Kit

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  Check out Hip Kit Club to see more about all of these kits and the blog to get tons of inspiration from the Design Team.  And you can also join in on our Facebook Group to take part in challenges and share all of your awesome work!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Excited for October to get here! Looooving the September kit for the time being :) lol Great process video with all the tips and tricks :) Thank you for all you do Missy

    ReplyDelete