Thursday, September 24, 2015

Off She Goes / CREATE Magazine

Hey there, friends!  I hope you are all doing well today :)  I have a layout to share with you that I had published in the 2015 September issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE Magazine.  You can click on that link and download your FREE copy as well as older issues.  There is SO much inspiration in these issues, from so many different scrapbookers and crafters.  There are a variety of styles, so there is something in there for everybody!

I was assigned a themed project, and I chose a Back-to-School theme.  I decided to go with the alphabet, so I pulled out one of my all-time favorite lines...Sketchbook from American Crafts.  I hand drew the alphabet on different patterned papers and then cut them out.  I arranged them in a spiraling circle after adding inks and gelatos to the background.  I machine stitched all the letters down to make sure they weren't going anywhere.  I dug through my American Crafts stash of embellishments (from various collections) and pulled out a few stickers and die cuts.

Those adorable flair buttons are from A Flair For Buttons.


I can't say enough how much I love bright colors and rainbow colors...I just can't ever get sick of using them!  They just suit my daughters so much, and I love using them.  I used a bit of washi tape and papers to layer under my photo and then added some tangled thread under this flair button.


If you don't have an electronic die cutting machine, this is a fun technique to try to make it look like you do.  I didn't use my Cameo at all on this page.  Mixing the background inks and paints with the colorful letters made this so fun to put together!  I added a title in black Thickers to make them stand out, and then added the black splatters to finish it off.


I added a few heart stickers here and there (I think they are Heidi Swapp), and I used some of my Color Shine to color that cute Studio Calico wood veneer heart.


Here's one more close up...I'm really excited with how this turned out.  I highly recommend drawing something and fussy cutting it out!  It will be totally unique and no one else will have the same thing!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Make sure to check out all of the other amazing projects in the September issue!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Your hand-drawn letters are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! You can*t believe how much I LOVE this layout!!! One of my all time faves of yours. <3
    Hugs!-Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it. How awesome is this?? You totally blow me away every time I see one your layouts. This is such a fun lo!!

    ReplyDelete