Thursday, October 1, 2015

Ridin' / Hip Kit Club + Design Team Announcement!

Hey there!  I have a second layout for Hip Kit Club for this week, and I also have some exciting news to share!  First up is the layout.  The 2015 September Hip Kits are full of bright royal blues, yellows and other bold colors.  Also, you can find these wood grains, soft teals and yellows as well as this pretty magenta pink color.  I decided to challenge myself to not use any of those blues and create a more rustic layout.  The wood grain paper and elements from the Crate Paper Wonder chipboard sheet remind me of being outside and being in the woods.  So I scrapped this picture of me and my daughter riding 4-wheelers in the woods. 

I framed the photo with the Crate Paper chipboard frame and worked everything else around that.  I used some of the light yellow cardstock and one of the cut files from the September cut file sets (the Yes Yes Yes).  You can have access to these FREE cut files if you just register as a member on the Hip Kit website!

I added some white gesso to the background and then added some teal watercolor.  I used a lined stencil and yellow paint dabber from the May Color Kit as well.  I used up a lot of the Dear Lizzy Rub-Ons to add in the pretty magenta color.


I never thought of putting these colors together, but once I started putting the page together, they looked really pretty next to each other.  The background turned out really cool, and that teal piece with the plus signs is from the Amy Tan cut apart sheet.


This cut file is so fun!  I layered the frame over it and used gold thread to stitch through it.  I used some ink and mist from my stash to color the wooden "oh yeah."  Those cork Thickers are also in the Hip Kit this month.


I added in this Amy Tan die cut and stitched over it.  I love the detail that machine stitching adds...especially shiny gold :)  That pink thread is from my stash.  I couldn't believe I had that color!  It matches perfectly.


I fussy cut "do what you love" from one of the Project Life cards.  I can't tell you enough how awesome the PL Kits are...they are made exclusively for these kits, so they coordinate.  I always use them on my layouts.


And now for the news...today is the new Hip Kit Club Design Team announcement...and I'm so excited to be returning for another term!  These ladies are all amazing, and I'm so grateful to Kimberly for having me back.  I can't wait to get started with the lovely October Kits!


Thanks so much for stopping in today.   Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment