Monday, November 2, 2015

Sweet Sunny Summer Day / The Cut Shoppe & Page Maps!

Hey, friends!  I'm just thrilled to share this layout with you today...I created it for The Cut Shoppe's team up with Page Maps for November!  I have been a huge fan of Page Maps and Becky Fleck for years, and I was very excited to get to participate in this!  The sketches for this month's Page Maps are up HERE.  Go check out what all the design team created using the awesome sketches!

I used the Any Which Way cut file for my layout.


I used mostly the Rise & Shine collection from Amy Tan (American Crafts) for this with a few pieces from Echo Park.  I have so many pool pictures, and I was in the mood to go bright for this :)  I cut the arrows on a sheet of patterned paper and layered it over a striped piece.  I chose some bright papers to layer behind the photo and stitched a big circle under it.  I did some fussy cutting for the word "Sweet" and combined it with another die cut, a chipboard piece and some Thickers.


I did a little bit of background work here with a stencil and some gelatos.  I just smudged the gelatos through the stencil with my fingers.  Very fancy...haha!  I also added some orange gelatos to the camera die cut.


I added a flair button from A Flair For Buttons on top of this fun sun that I fussy cut from a sheet of Echo Park patterned paper.  That piece of "good times" washi tape is from the Rise & Shine line, and the orange arrow clip is from Freckled Fawn.


Here's a better look at the cute camera.  I layered another flair button and some tangled thread on top of it.  I love how it turned out :)


Here's one more close up of the cut file...I love these arrows!  They add so much detail without being overly busy, I think.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out Page Maps to get some really awesome sketch ideas!

You can also get some new cut files for 30% off this week in The Cut Shoppe!  Check it out!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment