Friday, February 5, 2016

Designer Spotlight with Paige Evans!

Happy Friday! I'm SOOOOO excited to share that I am being featured in the Designer Spotlight with Paige Evans over on the Scrapbook Expo Blog!  I can't tell you how fast my heart started beating when I saw I had an email from Paige...she is a scrapbooking goddess as we all know, so it was quite amazing to say the least.  A huge thank you to her for inviting me to be a part of this! 

You can see my full feature HERE.  I had fun answering questions about my life and my scrapbooking.  I created this layout especially for this feature, and I used mostly the Amy Tan Rise & Shine collection, which is one of my all time faves.  I used some cloud cut files from The Cut Shoppe, a few stickers from MAMBI, the little cloud stamp is from Echo Park, and I used watercolors, spray inks and gelatos to create the background and to color a few of the clouds.


I absolutely love backing cut files with patterned paper.   It's a great technique to use to get lots of color and patterns on your page in small doses.  I added a fun flair button here with some tangled thread and created some layering effects with other small cloud cut files.


I cut these clouds on white cardstock and then used inks and gelatos to color them.  I added a few Studio Calico word stickers and a Freckled Fawn arrow clip.  Those enamel dots are from Bella Blvd, and the "lovely" glitter sticker is from MAMBI.


I used a few Heidi Swapp ink pads and Distress Inks to stamp this cute cloud.  I fussy cut them out and stitched them down.  I fussy cut "Shine" from a MAMBI Project Life card and paired it with some Simple Stories alpha stickers.  I also machine stitched here with yellow thread.


I wanted to create a sun and sky for my cute clouds, so I first added ink sprays and watercolors in an aqua color to my cardstock.  On another piece of cardstock, I used a small sunburst stencil and some yellow ink spray to create the sun.  I fussy cut it out and glued it to my background.  I machine stitched through each ray, and I love how it turned out!  Just like the image I had in my head :)


I hope this inspires you in some way...I had a fabulous time creating it for the Expo.  Another big thanks to Paige for having me!  It was an honor to be a part of this.

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments: