Saturday, February 27, 2016

Loterie Farms / Simple Stories

Hello again, friends!  I just realized that I never announced here on my blog that I was asked to be a part of the 2016 Simple Stories Creative Team!  I know I posted it on my Instagram, but I just totally spaced and didn't post it here.  I'm very honored and excited to be on this year's team, and I was up on the Simple Stories Blog a few days ago with my first two layouts.

I'm sharing one of them here today, and I used the You Are Here collection.  My husband and I took a little vacation to St. Maarten in between Christmas and New Year's, and one day we went to Loterie Farms.  It's a gorgeous wooded and mountainous area that you can hike and climb and take part in obstacle courses with  high wires and zip lines.  It was so much fun!

I wanted to focus on all the leaves going on in the photo, so I found the perfect leaf cut file from Just Nick.  I used inks and gelatos on the background to add more of that pretty turquoise color in the embellishments.  I adhered the leaf cut file right on top of that and then added my layers and embellishments on top of that.  I used a few flower die cuts and stickers...I wanted to bring out the tropical feel of the photo and memory.  That cute palm tree die cut was perfect, too.



I just love this collection!  It's so perfect for travel photos, and not just tropical vacations.  I added a fun adhesive brad here and some tangled thread.  I used a few pieces of paper from the 6x6 Paper Pad.


More layers and flowers!  I added my title (from the sticker sheet alphas) on top of the leaf die cut and ran it through my sewing machine.


Here's a better look at the title area.  I love that Simple Stories always has a lot of sentiment and phrase stickers...they are perfect for adding touches to small areas on your pages.


One more close-up of the die cut...I really love how it looks cut on this beautiful green patterned paper, and I love that it's so open for the background to show through.  You could also take a different approach with this and back the leaves with other patterned papers...that would look awesome!


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today...see you soon with more projects!

2 comments:

  1. it is impossible not to be surprised at every publication of your blog! ... wow Missy you have great talent! absolutely lovely this LO. I'm your fan.
    Greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wow! SS is awesome and one of my fave companies! Looking forward to seeing your great work!

    ReplyDelete