Sunday, February 7, 2016

Love My Crew / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Sunday, friends!  (Super Bowl Sunday, that is!)  I hope you've enjoyed your weekend.  Today I am sharing my latest layout for A Flair For Buttons.  I used flair from two different sets:  Minimal 1 and Best Summer Ever.  I focused on using buttons that were mostly black and white and jazzed them up with teal thread.

I used the Dear Lizzy Documentary collection to document this photo of my husband playing with our two girls in the pool.  It's rare that they are all in the photo together, so I just had to get pictures of the moment!  I have several of them, so I printed this one in black and white so the colors would contrast nicely around it.  I used a little bit of Shimmerz Coloringz in Say Can U Sea on the white cardstock using the packaging technique.  I also added some Heidi Swapp gold texture paste through a small lined stencil for added interest and texture.


I love adding flair to my projects, and I love creating little nests of thread for them to sit in. I like how it anchors them down and gives an extra pop of color.  I layered this one right on top of the photo.  I hand cut those circles out of patterned paper to layer around the page.  I also used several of the coordinating rub-ons.


Here's another button...black and white with teal thread.  I've got a lot going on down here at the bottom:  rub-ons, washi tape, paper, stickers, puffy glitter stickers.  I love layering to create little clusters.  The 123 stickers are from Simple Stories, and the "we laugh" sticker is from a MAMBI sticker pack.


I've been hoarding these awesome black Thickers.  I'm sure you've seen them...everyone has them, right?!  This "My Crew" was the perfect title.  I fussy cut "Sunday" from patterned paper and added in some of the shiny gold Dear Lizzy washi tape, a sticker and a puffy heart.


Here's a look a the texture paste...I just love this lined stencil.  I think it was the very first stencil I ever purchased years ago.  Here, I've got more circles, rub-ons and stickers.


Here's my third flair...this simple yet very bold heart.  I love it!


One more close-up of the cluster on the right side.  I just love this gold washi tape...it's from the washi tape strip pad from the collection.  And I love those glitter puffy hearts...those are from Pinkfresh Studio.


Here are the two sets of flair I pulled from:  Best Summer Ever




Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Be sure to check out all the flair Shelley has in the store...there are sooo many to choose from, and she's always adding new ones in!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout as always! I love how you used that stencil and all the flair!

    ReplyDelete