Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Love Every Minute / Simple Stories

Hello again!  I've been super busy lately...the layouts keep on coming!  Today I'm sharing another layout I created for Simple Stories this month using the gorgeous Carpe Diem collection.  I decided to try and work with some of the 6x12 papers for this one, and so I created what I call a half & half layout.  I let the paper on the left speak for it self since it was so pretty and had such a great saying on it.  I chose more of a solid color for the right so I could add my photos and embellishments.

I printed three small photos and framed them with some of the smallest chipboard frames.  I just love how they make the photos pop!  They draw your eye right to them.  I used a bit of white gesso and smudged a bit along the center edge.  I added a little bit of coral watercolor just to bring in a faint hint of color there, and then I stitched for a bit more detail.


I wanted to add another small title on this side of the page, and so I combined one of the Snap die cuts with some of the alpha stickers.  Since "EVERY" is black and my background is black, I used a white pen to trace around the letters so they would be more visible.  I added some machine stitching and a few hearts as well.


I just love how these frames look!  I raised them up using pop dots so I could layer embellishments under them.  I added a few fussy cut pieces, a few stickers and some chipboard.


I love that cute balloon sticker!  The colors are perfect, and it just looks adorable there.  I also added some black tangled thread...oh, how I love tangled thread!


Here you can see the gesso and watercolor...I love using my finger to smudge it.  That gives is a faded and cloudy look and lessens the harsh edges of the gesso.  I added a cute sun and a few clouds around the page as well as some blue tangled thread.


Here's one last look at the frames again...I can't wait use some of the bigger ones next time!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! I adore those small chipboard frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!! This collection is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete