Saturday, April 23, 2016

Live Colorfully / Scrapbook Circle Guest Designer

Happy Saturday, friends!  Today I am sharing my third and final project for my Guest Design spot over at Scrapbook Circle this month.  I had tons of fun creating with the April Main "One Fine Day" Kit and the two Embellishment Add-Ons.  A huge Thank You to Jenni for inviting me!

I started this layout with the Pinkfresh Studio Washi Tapes.  I created a grid-like frame on the left side of the cardstock for my photo.  I just love all the bright colors and fun patterns on the tapes.  On the right side, I cut apart the Webster's Pages paper and layered a few of the cards together.  They match the Pinkfresh colors just perfectly.  I did add some clear gesso to the background and on top of the tape so I could add some mixed media products.  I needed lots more blue, so that's what I added to the background.


I love how the background turned out.  I used lots of Shimmerz Vibez and Coloringz from my stash.  Here, you can see how pretty the WP cards are...such dreamy colors!  I layered one of the Crate Paper fringe hearts, an Elle's Studio die cut piece, some tangled thread and a small cut apart from the Dear Lizzy 6x6 Paper Pad.


Isn't this tape just divine?!  I love it, and I hope PFS continues to add this to their future collections.  I added a few Simple Stories brads on the page and I did lots of machine stitching in grey.  I think the grey anchors all those other bright colors and echos the grey tones in the photo.


Here's another angle looking at the tape.  I used another Elle's Studio piece at the top of the photo.  I really love how the Shimmerz looks on top of the tape!


I added my title at the top here...it's a Dear Lizzy piece.  Again, the colors match perfectly!  I added a DL sticker and a SS brad above it, and then added a few more strips of DL paper at the top.


I had lots of fun making this, and I did film it!  So here's the process of this layout coming together if you'd like to see it.



Thanks so much for watching and visiting me today!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment