Monday, June 20, 2016

Love Birds / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey there, and Happy Monday!  I wanted to share a layout I created for a recent Shimmerz Shortz video using vellum with Shimmerz sprays.  This technique has a ton of texture, so if you love including that on your layouts, this technique is for you!  I included the Shortz video down below so you can see how I made all this texture.

All you need is a sheet of vellum, a little bit of white acrylic paint and whatever Shimmerz sprays you have.  Give the vellum a light coat of the paint and let it dry.  Then go to town spraying the inks onto it.  The vellum will warp and buckle and create little mountains and valleys.  The liquid will run and pool, and you can use a brush to help it spread if you want.  Once it's dry, you will have a nice crinkly and textured piece of vellum.  I did this twice...with pinks and oranges (the hearts) and then with yellow and blue (the big background piece).  The hearts punched beautifully!




Here you can see all the texture from the inks and the vellum.  I stitched this piece down and added a few stickers and sequins here.

These hearts turned out so nice!  I love the colors and how they ran and blended together.  I stitched through them and added more tangled thread just to make it more "messy and chaotic."  I added a few bits and pieces...chipboard, alpha stickers, and a rub-on.  I even used a piece of the blue vellum as a layer behind my photo in place of patterned paper.


I love this blue and green mix!  These are all truly my favorite colors to scrap with.  They are all so bright and fun!


I added a strip of patterned paper behind my photos along with a few strips of different washi tapes.  I went over that with white gesso so I could add more Shimmerz sprays.  I love the randomness of this.  I didn't use a specific collection...just random bits.  I did add in a few of the puffy cloud stickers from a recent Hip Kit.


One more close up of the bottom area here...I added in some green glitter Thickers that I've been hoarding, and I used some old alphas stamps to create "Birds."  More sequins and some Dear Lizzy stickers finished it off.


Here's the Shortz video showing you how made the vellum pieces.  I hope you give it a try...it's fun, fast and easy!  And the results are awesome :)


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous technique!! LOVE the watercolor, bumpy affect!

    ReplyDelete