Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Enjoy This / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  Today I wanted to share my latest layout for Hip Kit Club.  It's my first page using the 2016 July Hip Kits, and they are nothing short of beautiful (as always).  I'm constantly blown away by the exclusive papers and embellishments.  I used one of Kim Watson's designs for my background and for those pretty hearts.  I used one of Ashley Horton's heart cut files for this month and cut several sizes on the beautiful Art Class paper from the Main Kit.  I used some of the Don't Citron Me Shimmerz Coloringz from the Color Kit and mixed it with some of the Jeni B Bleu Vibez from last month's kit.  I printed three small photos and just wanted to place them around the scattered hearts.


These colors...oh my gosh! Yes, please.  I'm a sucker for all of these bright colors.  I used a few of Kim's exclusive die cuts here as well as one of the Amy Tangerine Rubber Charms.  I also added some tangled thread...I know that's no surprise :)


 This fun chipboard piece is from the Project Life Becky Higgins pack.  They make great embellishments on layouts!  I combined that with some of the exclusive die cuts, and that awesome yellow puffy flower is also exclusive.  I love how this pink heart looks against the teal background.


More yummy colors here!  You know I love adding thread, and this bright pink really pops against all the other colors.  I think using black & white photos really makes the brights pop as well.  Color photos might get lost in all the other colors.  Honestly it depends on the photo itself and what colors are in it, I think.


Here's one more close up of the title area.  Let me tell you...those green exclusive puffy alphas are AMAZING.  This is the third month of the kits including exclusive alphas, and the quality is awesome! The colors are perfect, and the fonts are so cool!  I love them!


Here's my process video if you'd like to check out the making of this page.  I hope you enjoy and gain some inspiration from it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment