Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Love My Little Sunshine / Bella Blvd

Hey there and Happy Tuesday!  Summer has me on such a crazy time schedule.  I have to think about what day it is...haha.  I was up on the Bella Blvd blog yesterday with a new layout!  I used several collections again to create this fun and bright page.  My focus on this was to repeat a shape over and over again.  I decided on clouds, and I used my Cameo to cut lots of them.  I also used the offset tool to create the cloud outlines, and I love how they look mixed together.

I used papers from Illustrated Faith She Blooms & Whatever is Lovely,  Simply Spring, Color Chaos, Fresh Market and Star Student.  I love mixing and matching all the fun colors & patterns together.  I popped some of them up and glued some of them flat.  I used a Heidi Swapp sunburst stencil and some No Yoking Shimmerz to create the sun rays.  I then used yellow thread and machine stitched for added detail.


If you've never tried foam dots or pop dots, I highly recommend them.  Just by raising an embellishment or your photos up a little bit gives such a great look to your page.  The shadow created is so neat, and it just makes your project look much more dimensional.  I also used some of the Cloudy Washi Tape...I just fussy cut out some of the little clouds and placed them around the page.  I fussy cut that little sun & cloud from a Fresh Market paper.


More clouds!  I am obsessed with clouds lately for some reason :)  I added blue ink splatters around the page, and I love how it looks up next to the yellows, pinks and oranges.


I added pop dots under my photos, and this made it easy to tuck some clouds under them as well as some tangled thread and stickers.  I also used a few yellow enamel hearts.


With the clouds being so colorful up top, I didn't want to make the page even busier with a large title.  So I reached for my Tiny Text sticker sheets and created a colorful yet small title.  I used a strip from a dotted Clear Cut (which is like a clear transparency) under the photos and then hand cut a scalloped border from the She Blooms paper.  I finished it off with some journaling and a few Little Bits stickers.


I hope this gives you an idea on how to use a shape over and over again on a layout.  Super fun and easy!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE how bright this layout is! The sunray and the clouds are so cute!

    ReplyDelete