Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Seriously Sweet Sisters / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  Today I'm back with a layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2016 June Hip Kits.  I used one of Kim Watson's star cut files for my background design and cut a few of them in different sizes using a few different papers.  I used lots of Shimmerz sprays and some of the Dazzlerz to create the background watercolor effect.  I mixed some of the Jeni B Bleu Vibez with the Spun Sugar Dazzlerz to create a light blue texture paste and smudged it through the exclusive stencil with a foam applicator.  Those little triangles are so fun!  I pulled pieces from all of the kits for my embellishing.

These are some cute selfies I took of me and the girls.  They aren't the best quality photos, but I absolutely love them.  They show my girls' personalities, and those are my favorite types of pictures.


I decided to create a long title combining lots of things here.  The "seriously" die cut frame is from Jillibean Soup and it's in the Color Kit.  I backed it with a green Project Life card.  "Sweet" is one of Andrea's cut files, and I used one of Kim Watson's exclusive papers to cut it.  "Lovely" is from the Dear Lizzy die cut phrases pack.  I misted it with some pink Shimmerz spray from my stash.  I used the gorgeous exclusive puffy alpha stickers for "sisters."  Those alphas are the bomb!!  The quality is outstanding, and they are the prettiest color.  I did some machine stitching on the bigger stars, and I did add enamel dots, tangled thread and some phrase stickers & die cuts.


Here's a closer look at the background work.  My three favorite colors all together...woo hoo!  I used pop dots under my photo to create some depth, and I added a few of the Simple Stories clear stickers around the page as well.


I created a little cluster down by the title.  The "Be Happy" circle is one of Kim's exclusive die cuts, and the buttons are from Paige Evans' Fancy Free collection.


Here's one final close-up of the top right.  I combined some exclusive puffy stickers with a Heidi Swapp chipboard speech bubble.  Love all those colors together!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this layout came together.  I hope you gain some inspiration from it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment