Friday, July 22, 2016

She's So Colorful / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey, friends!  It's Friday...woo hoo!  I have a fun and colorful layout to share for the Shimmerz Education Team, and I used lots of Shimmerz Dazzlerz, Coloringz & Shimmerz Paints.  I love creating my own backgrounds, and Shimmerz make it super easy to do.  I used a big chevron stencil and a baby wipe to smudge some Dazzlerz through it.  It lightened up the colors and thinned out the paste.  I love how it turned out!  I used the Pink Paislee Fancy Free collection for this, and the Shimmerz colors I chose really compliment it well.

Another thing I learned from using a baby wipe to smudge the Dazzlerz is that they dry really quickly.  Since it thinned the paste out a bit, it was dry in no time.


Here you can see the beautiful Dazzlerz.  I used a combination of Sea U in the Mornin, Gummy Beary Blue, Jelly Bean Green and Sour Apple.  They blended perfectly together, and the baby wipe did a great job of making that happen.  I did come in with some Coloringz in Heidi Ho Blue & Don't Citron Me to add even more blues and greens as well as some original Shimmerz Paints in Key Lime & Blue Grass.  I used a clear acetate frame on top of my photo as well as a cute floral puffy sticker.  I had some blue sequins in my stash and they matched the blues perfectly.  I added some subtle pink splatters using Shimmerz Paints in Bubblegum Blast & Royal Red.


Here are the pretty green shades I mentioned above.  I love how they look with the blue embellishments.  I used this beautiful chipboard piece for my title and added small foam squares under it to give it some depth.  I did pull in a few pieces from the Dear Lizzy Happy Place collection like leaves and that yellow brush stroke sticker on the right.


At first I wanted this to be an all blue & green layout.  However, that changed when I saw this beautiful floral paper.  I've used it before, but every time I see it, those gorgeous flowers just beg me to cut them out!  So I did :)  I layered a few of them around the photo and this brought in lots of pink tones to the page.


My whole thought with my unique background was to have it peeking out from behind the photo and the flowers.  I love that you can use mixed media products to get subtle looks.  You don't have to cover your entire paper with paint or sprays.  I will say it is hard to know when to stop though...it's just so much fun to add all that color!


Here's one final close up of the bottom cluster.  I kept it simple and added in another flower, a fun sentiment circle, some heart stickers and a flair button.  I also added a bit of journaling.


Here's my process video for you.  I show how I created this background and even another background that I actually started with and then changed my mind.  I hope you get some fun ideas & try the baby wipe technique!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to check the Shimmerz Paint TV channel for lots more videos.  Have a great day!


Supplies Used:
Dazzlerz--Sea U in the Mornin, Gummy Beary Blue, Jelly Bean Green, Sour Apple
Coloringz--Heidi Ho Blue, Don't Citron Me
Shimmerz Paints--Key Lime, Blue Grass, Bubblegum Blast, Royal Red


1 comment: