Monday, August 1, 2016

Fun Times & Yummy Drinks / Using Up Older Supplies

Hey there, and Happy Monday!  I have a fun layout to share today.  I decided to start an ongoing series on my YouTube channel focusing on using up older supplies.  If you're like me, then you've probably accumulated quite a bit of paper, embellishments, stickers....the list goes on.  But what good does it do if it just sits on your shelves?  I'm going to start doing some stash busting as much as I can, and this is my first layout with a process video to go along with it.

I have a lot of the Amy Tangerine Rise & Shine collection left, and somehow I wound up with two of the clear sticker sheets.  My goal for this page was to use as many as I could.  I did use a lot of them, but I still have some left.  And that's okay.  I don't want to feel like I HAVE to use every single piece.  I still want to love my layout and not go overboard just because I want to use up the product.

I used clear gesso, modeling paste and Shimmerz on my background.  I love how the color scheme turned out...the pinks, oranges & teals look really nice together.  It felt so good to use up some of this older stuff!


I hadn't used modeling paste in quite a while, so I smudged some through a circle stencil.  I used some plastic packaging to apply the Shimmerz sprays and also did some splatters.  All of these clear stickers are so much fun, and I love how the look against the white cardstock.


I mixed and matched my title using some alpha stickers from Bella Blvd, October Afternoon & Studio Calico.  I love the color combo and different fonts.  The word "times" is from a cut file set from The Cut Shoppe, and the flair buttons are from A Flair For Buttons.  I also used a few bits of the washi tape strips from this Amy collection.


I created a fun little banner over on the left using some of the small clear triangle stickers.  I also fussy cut some circles out of one of the patterned papers and layered them around the page.  And you know me...I had to dress it all up with some tangled thread.  I also did some machine stitching.


How adorable is this emoji flair?!  I love it, and I think it goes perfectly with this page.  I added even more clear stickers here as well as some clear white MAMBI stickers and a few pink sequins.


Here's one last close-up of the modeling paste.  This pretty orange color is Vibez in Sunset Strip.  I love the color!


Here's my process video if you'd like to see how this page came together and why I used certain things.  I hope it inspires you to dig into your stash of older goodies!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. What a pleasure to see your work up close, Missy! I adore this layout! So lovely! Love all the texture and dreamy color. Cute picture and cute title work! Have a great week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovin' this layout Missy! Love how you forced yourself to use up as much as you could from that sticker sheet! WTG!! Adding the Shimmerz products with modeling paste was a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of this!! So many gorgeous touches on here!

    ReplyDelete