Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Bella Blvd / Free Spirit (Pinterest Inspired)

Hey, everyone!  I'm back today to share my latest project for Bella Blvd.  I love searching Pinterest for ideas and inspiration, and there is so much to choose from!  I found this cool image when I searched DIY crafts.  Look how cool these painted rocks look!  I love the blocks of color and all the black & white mixed in.  It jumped out at me, and I decided to recreate this fun look on my layout.



I pulled out lots of fun Bella papers, Invisibles and Clear Cuts.  I drew a bunch of wonky ovals in Silhouette Studio and cut them on white cardstock.  I tried to mimic each oval in the Pin with color papers mixed with black & white papers and a few of the clear products.  I did a little bit of inking on the background using some Shimmerz.  I did some black machine stitching for added detail and texture and then embellished with stickers, enamel hearts, thread and even an adorable Cute Clips bow.


Surprise, surprise...I used my favorite color scheme!  Blue, yellow and pink.  I used this cute yellow scalloped border sticker from Fresh Market and a piece of bright pink paper as layers here, and that cute blue and pink heart circle stickers is from She Blooms.  I used a small circle punch on one of the Star Student Invisibles to create those small circles.


I absolutely love how the black pops against the white and all those fun colors!  I embellished each oval with something small like a sticker or enamel heart.  I decided on a small title since the ovals were busy on the background.  I combined a few of the Tiny Text alphas here.


I love this bow!  It's on a paper clip, so it's easy to attach to the photo.  After I did my background inking, I added some splatters in all the colors.


Here's another angle of the photo area.  This was so different for me, but I just love how it turned out.  I would never have thought of doing this until I saw the image on Pinterest.  It's so great for getting new ideas!


And one more close-up...I think the stitching really sets everything off.


I hope this inspires you or gives you some fun ideas to try!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is amazing. I wish I had a small fraction of your talent to make such awesome layouts :-). Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the wonky ovals!

    ReplyDelete