Sunday, October 9, 2016

Grandma Sandwich / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, friends!  Happy Sunday :)  Today I am sharing another layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 September Hip Kits.  This went up on the Hip Kit Facebook page last week.  My theme for this page was "Alpha Stickers," and I honestly struggled to use them in a unique way.  I tried creating a long title but it just didn't work.  I settled on mixing and matching the Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills alpha stickers with the scripty gold Maggie Holmes alphas and coming up with a creative title.  This photo is blurry because it's a still shot from a video.  My girls plopped down on top of my mom one night on the couch, and they were all laughing and giggling.  It was such a sweet moment, so I joined in and had to get a video of it.  I had to scrap it even though the quality isn't that good.  Sometimes it's the memory...not the clarity of the photo :)

I used some of the pink flamingo cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my base and covered a lot of it in white gesso.  I used a mix of the Shimmerz Creameez Great Fruit from the Color Kit & the Prima Oil Pastels from the August Color Kit to create the background.  I decided to bring in a lot of die cuts & ephemera to layer in behind my photo.  Since my girls are wearing navy blue, I brought in pops of that.


I love this mix of product & color here.  I stitched through the Pinkfresh Studio alphas with gold thread.  I created a little cluster underneath the title using some of the Maggie Holmes chipboard and gold foil stickers & a Simple Stories Posh floral sticker & brad.  My journaling fit right under the title very nicely.  Behind the title I used a "LOVE" die cut that was from one of the cut file sets this month.  It's mainly just a small detail.


Here's a great shot of the background.  Those oil pastels are awesome, and they look fabulous when you smudge them with your finger.  I also added ink splatters using some other Shimmerz from my stash.  I used some Simple Stories paper behind my photo and then used foam to raise it up.


I fussy cut this ampersand from one of the Dear Lizzy papers and layered it on top of a Simple Stories tag and a fussy cut flower from Maggie Holmes.  I also fussy cut some of those cute foiled hearts from a Simple Stories patterned paper.  I love mixing and matching products like this...paper, chipboard, brads, enamel dots....you get some really fun detail & texture.


Here is the top of the photo.  I layered in one of the Pinkfresh Studio wood veneer pieces, some Crate Paper chipboard and more of the foil stickers.  I added in some teal tangled thread for extra pops of that color.


I fussy cut this "gather memories" piece from the Crate Paper die cut pack.  It's an acetate piece, and it tucked in very nicely right here.  I had to splatter some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine to finish it off.  We did get that in a Color Kit several months ago :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out...


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment