Sunday, November 6, 2016

Adorable Hulk / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I hope you're all having a great weekend.  Today I'm back to share another layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 October Hip Kits.  My assignment this week was to create a Halloween layout using cut files.  This was definitely a challenge!  I think this is the first Halloween page I've ever made without any orange.  I started with this cute photo of my little girl in her Hulk costume from a few years ago.  Based on what's included in the kits, I decided to go with a green and blue color scheme with a bit of black and gold.  I used one of DT Member Zinia's cut files and cut it on the black & white Dear Lizzy papers.  I wound up cutting it into separate rectangles and layering them on the background.  I punched circles out of another Dear Lizzy paper and incorporated them into the background design as well.  All of these papers are in Main Kit & Paper Kit. I decided to go with blue on the background, and I pulled out the Prima Oil Pastels from the August Color Kit and created some pretty navy blue smudges.


I pulled out all the blue & green elements from the Dear Lizzy Saturday ephemera pack and layered a few of them behind the photo as well as some patterned papers.  I created my title using some of the Simple Stories Posh alphas and the Jen Hadfield Rose Gold Puffy Thickers.  I love how the journaling looks underneath the title.  I added in a small Simple Stories chipboard heart and a WRMK wood veneer.  I really do like this darker color scheme!


I love how this cut file looks on this black-dotted paper.  I added details here with the chipboard arrow from SS, a few WRMK stickers, some glittery gold enamel dots and some green machine stitching.


Here's a closer look at all those layers.  Layering is a great way to add dimension, interest, texture, color...you name it!  I added in some blue and green tangled thread (surprise...haha).


I did the same things above the photo...stickers, chipboard, enamel dots, stitching..and here you can see some of the gold rub-ons, too.


Although this was a challenge, it was fun to put together.  I'm happy with the results, and I think it showcases my sweet picture pretty well :)  Here's my process video if you're interested.


Thank you all for stopping by, and I'll see you soon!


1 comment:

  1. She is just about the cutest hulk I have ever seen! Incredible page Missy!!

    ReplyDelete