Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Happy Birthday / My Mind's Eye

Happy Tuesday, friends!  Today I'm sharing a layout I created for My Mind's Eye using the Hooray collection.  It's a great line for documenting celebrations, so I scrapped this fun photo of me and my daughter on her 9th birthday.  It's a grainy phone photo, and it was kind of in a low light setting, but I absolutely love it.  Sometimes you have to just get pictures when you can and not worry about the lighting :)

I wanted a festive look, so I used a few of the patterned papers to cut a fun Just Nick design on my Cameo.  These are Scribble Circles, and they make excellent layering pieces.  I used white cardstock as my base, and I used a few of my favorite Shimmerz Paints sprays to create the messy watercolor look.  I used a large circle chipboard piece as a background layer as well.  I used a few 3x4 Journal Cards and some 6x6 Paper Pad papers behind my photo and then embellished with more chipboard circles and a few circles from the Sticker Sheet.  I also added in a few of the gold Acrylic Shapes from the Yes, Please collection.


Here's a closer look at all the layers.  These are all my favorite colors...I can never get enough of them!  I also used a few of the Puffy Stickers.  They are just adorable!  I cut up a sticker to create my title.  That shiny 9 is from the Mixed Bag.


To create this banner, I used the triangle stickers from the Sticker Sheet.  I stuck them to some cardstock and cut them out, taped them down and stitched through them.  Check out that acrylic heart...swoon!


I love how the splatters and circle embellishments look like confetti.  Such a great way to celebrate a birthday page!  Some of the pieces are rose gold, which are even more gorgeous.


I added in some yellow thread for extra texture and color underneath all those layers.  Aren't these colors so pretty?!  I love the acrylic shapes...gosh they reflect the light so perfectly!


Thank you so much for stopping by today...and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. What a super sweet photo! And loving this page! The colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous bday page Missy! I LOVE all the wonderful and colorful splatters, layers and all the yummy gold acrylic embellies.

    ReplyDelete