Sunday, November 27, 2016

Wonderful Winter / Hip Kit Club

Hey friends!  I'm back again today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club.  This is my second page using the beautiful 2016 November Hip Kits.  As you probably have already seen, they are chock full of holiday and Winter themed products.  I decided to embrace it and scrap these adorable pictures of Paige in her bear jacket from a few years ago.  It was Reese's until she outgrew it, and then Paige wore it.  I'll probably never give it away because it's so adorable with the little ears and everything!

I printed my photos in a horizontal photo strip and layered them with a few of the December Documented 3x4 cards and a few pieces of patterned paper.  I went big with my background design.  I cut one of Tiffany's snowflake cut files on my Cameo and then traced it onto my background paper.  The background paper is a Kim Watson exclusive from the DD Kit.  I used a big flat brush to paint white gesso all around the edges of the snowflake until it was cloudy and faded.  Then I used the Shimmerz Coloringz Well Blue Me Down from the Color Kit to paint inside the snowflake.  That was the point when I realized the edges needed to be hand-stitched!  I love the crisp edges and texture it gives.  It did take me over an hour, but it was worth it.  I love how it looks!  If I had known I was going to hand stitch from the beginning, I would have just used my Cameo sketch pens to draw the snowflake instead of me cutting it and tracing it.


Here you can see the amazing texture from the stitching.  I used the Dazzlerz Foiled Again on top of the white die cut snowflakes to give them a little color & shine and then tucked them into my layers.  I used one of the exclusive flair buttons as well.


For my title, I fussy cut "wonderful" from one of the DD cards and stitched through it with silver thread.  I added some of the silver glitter Thickers and an exclusive die cut with tangled teal thread under it.  I love the mix of alphas and colors!  I stayed with the vertical stacking and added an exclusive phrase sticker and then my journaling.


Here's another look at all the texture, layering and dimension.   I added in lots of tangled thread as well as some of the sequins from the kit.  To color in the snowflake with the Coloringz, I used a brush and my finger to smudge the liquid around.


Here's the top of the photo strip...lots of layers, stickers...even a strip of the exclusive washi tape.  I love how the hand stitching and machine stitching looks together.


Here's one more look at the title area.  These colors are so pretty together!


Here's my process video for this page...I hope you enjoy and get some fun ideas from it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE every aspect of this layout! Like you, I love pink and aqua together, and your layering of papers behind the photos is a skill I would love to learn! Thanks for sharing your work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! LOVE the stitched snowflakes

    ReplyDelete