Saturday, December 17, 2016

Pretty Little Studio Guest Designer / Here Comes the Sun

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm back again with my third layout for my Guest Design spot over at Pretty Little Studio.  I'm so happy with how my projects turned out!  These papers, patterns, colors and embellishments are just the cutest!




Okay, so for this layout, I decided to focus on the Cactus Clear Sticker Sheet from the Here Comes the Sun collection.  All the succulents are just adorable, and the colors are beautiful.  I sorted through the patterned papers and chose ones with green, light blue, grey and black on them.  I cut 1-inch strips from each one and created a nice and neat square.  I machine stitched through each one in different colored thread and then covered a lot of the page with white gesso.  I used some Shimmerz to add watercolor to the background.  I decided that I needed a larger cactus on the page somewhere, so I cut two of them from the Stuck on You cut file from The Cut Shoppe and painted them green.


Here you can see the watercolor, the stitching, the die cuts and stickers.  All the stickers I had here were clear, so I adhered all the cactus ones to white cardstock first and then cut them out.  I wanted them to stay true to color, so the white behind them does that and you aren't able to see through them.  The yellowish circle here with text is also a clear sticker, and I just stuck this one straight to the page.  You can see through this one.  I did add a few watercolor heart die cuts from the Higher range and a cute flair button.  This die cut title fit perfectly right here, and I love how it looks.  I fussy cut the "remember" sun piece from a 3x4 card.


I tried to limit myself to using only greens, blues and shades of grey for this page.  I used some Shimmerz Creameez to paint these cactus die cuts, and I think it matches really nicely.  Here you can see a few more of the cactus clear stickers tucked in.  I also tucked in some yellow-green leaves from the same clear sticker sheet.


You can never have too many cute clouds!  I layered in a few of them here with some tangled thread and then machine stitched through some of them.  I love how the cactus curls up here...the paint helped it to do that when it dried, and it gives it great dimension.


Here's one more look at the top of the cactus and more clouds above them.  I just love how this turned out.  It was a little different for me, but it was fun using elements I never thought I'd use on a page...like a cactus!


I did film the making of this page, so here it is if you'd like to check it out!


Thank you for stopping in today, and have a great day!  I'll be back again tomorrow with my final layout for this guest spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment