Monday, January 30, 2017

Amazing & Extraordinary / Hip Kit Club

And another Monday rolls around!  Hey there, friends...I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2017 January Hip Kits.  I immediately fell in love with the beautiful floral paper from American Crafts One Canoe Two.  I just had to spend some time fussy cutting it out to use as a big background design element.  Once I decided how to arrange it, I placed my photo so the leaves overlapped it a little bit.  I love how this color photo looks with these colors.  I embellished with several Pink Paislee Moonstruck die cuts and some One Canoe Two cork, rub-ons and stickers.

I added some blue and a bit of pink gelatos and Shimmerz to my background to bring out more of the blue in those pretty leaves.  I also added some gold Color Shine splatters.


To get the perfect shade of blue, I mixed a little bit of a grey gelato with the blue.  I used some die cuts and Project Life cards behind my photo to add a few layers.  I love the dimension from the cork flower, and I also added some foam under my photo to raise it up a bit.  I added an exclusive heart wood veneer and a pretty butterfly rub-on here as well as some tangled thread.


I mixed and match my title, which is something I do a lot.  I love the watercolor effect on the "amazing" die cut from Pink Paislee.  The stickers are from the One Canoe Two sticker sheet, and the "extraordinary" is from the exclusive cut apart sheet in the Project Life Kit.  Isn't that butterfly just gorgeous?  I also did a bit of metallic gold machine stitching for added detail.


I also did some machine stitching on all the big leaves.  I love how it looks, and I bent up the edges for more dimension.  Stitching is a great way to add that extra pizzazz to your page without overwhelming it.


I love how this background turned out.  Very subtle yet it really helps tie all the colors together.  I added some journaling under the title area.


I highly recommend fussy cutting if you have the patience to do it :)  The result is always so pretty, and you can really make the patterned papers look totally different.


Here's my process video if you'd like to watch how I put this page together.  I hope you gain some inspiration from it!


Thank you for stopping by, and have a great Monday!  Be sure to visit the Hip Kit Club website to check out all these amazing kits & their contents!


No comments:

Post a Comment