Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Do You Know How Amazing You Are? / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the beautiful 2016 December Hip Kits.  My theme for last week was "Clever With Titles," so I decided to go big with and mix and match some alphas. 

I began with some of the Concrete cardstock from the Cardstock Kit.  I created the word "amazing" in my Silhouette software using the Bromello font.  I enlarged it to run off the sides of the page and then tilted it diagonally.  I backed it with a sheet of the Paige Evans Take Me Away paper, and I love how all the colors look peeking through!  I smudged a lot of white gesso over the cardstock and then used some Shimmerz Paints to create a faint watercolor look.  I machine stitched around the entire word (very slowly and carefully) and embellished with some of the exclusive die cuts and acrylic stars.  The patterned papers are available in the Main Kit and Paper Kit.


Here you can see the fun detail of the stitching.  I love how it makes the word stand out a little bit more and gives it a fun edge.  I combined some of the Amy Tangerine Thickers with the Take Me Away Thickers to finish my title.  I added some Pink Paislee sequins and some Carta Bella Enamel Dots for added detail here and there.


Here's another look at the title and background.  I used some of the Shimmerz Well Blue Me Down Coloringz from the November Color Kit and mixed it with some of the Sweet Mint Color Shine from this month's Color Kit.  I also mixed in some pinks and purples from my stash.


Creating dimension is a great technique to really give your pages an extra bit of interest.  I added some adhesive foam behind all the photos, and you can see how it creates a fun shadow.  I layered in some tangled thread under them and then lined up my title under them.  I used my ruler to make sure everything was lined up perfectly.


Up top here I used some of the super cute exclusive stars that Kim Watson designed.  They matched so well, and there are a lot of them in the package.  This "Love This" tab is also in there.  All of those pieces are in the Project Life Kit.  My photos are a series of cute shots of my daughter in the pool...I love her facial expressions!


These Thickers are so pretty and colorful!  I added some glue under each one to make sure they were stuck down.  Sometimes chipboard doesn't want to stick very well when there is gesso and paint on the paper.


One final close-up of the title and stitching.  You could do this with hand-stitching as well.  If you do this with a machine, just go slowly and take your time!  All those curves take patience :)


Here's my process video if you'd like to see it.  I hope you enjoy it and get some fun ideas to try!


Thank you so much for visiting me today, and have a fabulous day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment