Monday, January 23, 2017

Let Me Love You a Little More / A Flair For Buttons

Happy Monday, lovely friends!  I hope you all had a great weekend :)  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for A Flair For Buttons.  I began this project by choosing some of my stash to work with.  I've had the Fancy Pants Happy Place collection for a while and just haven't had the chance to use it.  So I pulled it out and sorted through my flair stash.  I chose four that matched these colors, but I only wound up using two.  I used one from the Love You set and one from the Face Flair set, which is those adorable emjoi faces.

I began with this really cool black and white text patterned paper.  I love that it's busy, but it's also neutral in color and pattern.  I decided to use it as my background, so to take out some of the busy factor I used a lot of white gesso to fade some of the center of the pattern.  I knew I wanted to create a big die cut title as part of my main design, so in order for that to stand out, I needed to take away some of the busy background text.  Once the gesso was dry, I ran the sheet through my Cameo, cutting the quote I found on Pinterest.  I used some coordinating Shimmerz Paints and the packaging technique to add lots of watercolor before I pulled the paper off my sticky mat.  Then I used mostly papers from the 6x6 Paper Pad a few of the 3x4 cards to back all the open letters.


I love how this quote turned out.  This font is called Sunrise International.  One thing I love about using big die cut quotes like this is that they take up a lot of space.  And they're in a fixed spot, so you have to work around it.  You have limited spots to place your photos and embellishments, so in a way I think it makes the layout come together quicker.  I machine stitched through each line and added a cute flower cluster die cut and a few yellow sequins from SpeigelMom Scraps.


Isn't this emjoi flair the cutest?  I layered it right onto my photo.  The way my arm curves in the photo created the perfect spot for it.  I raised my photos up a bit with adhesive foam and added a few of the 3x4 cards to add color.  I added a little next of light pink thread under the flair, and I added a fussy cut geometric heart to the right as well as a few die cut flowers and sequins.


This flair matched perfectly, too.  I love the little typewriter!  On this side, I layered in a few patterned die cut tabs, more flower die cuts and more sequins.  I love how this cluster turned out.


Here's one more close-up of the title area.  I love the mix of the navy blue.  I don't tend to use that color a lot since I usually go for bright colors, but I love the contrast here with all the other colors.  I love how the texture of the paper mixed with gesso and paint looks here.


Here are the flair sets from the store:



I did film this process, so here's the video if you'd like to check it all out.  I hope you get some fun ideas to try!



Thank you all so much for stopping by, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment