Friday, March 31, 2017

Vegas Mini Album / Paige Evans Design Team

Happy Friday, friends!  It's practically the weekend...yesssss!  I'm excited to share my newest project today for the Paige Evans Design Team.  It's a mini album!  Technically, this is my first mini album made from scratch.  I've made a few in years past from pre-made chipboard or cardboard albums.  For this one, I searched in the Silhouette Store and found this adorable suitcase template.  I knew I had to use it to create some fun memories of a recent trip to Las Vegas with my sister.  It was perfect!  It helped me get out of my comfort zone of just making layouts, and it was a lot of fun to work on a smaller scale.

I combined all three of Paige's collections for this...Oh My Heart, Take Me Away and Fancy Free.  I love how they all mix and match so well together.


I love how tiny and cute this turned out!  For my cover, I added a bit of white cardstock covered with gesso.  I added some blue, pink and yellow Shimmerz sprays as well as some gold Color Shine.  You have to have some shiny gold for anything Vegas related, right? :)  I overlapped the colorful Oh My Heart Thickers with some shiny gold thread underneath.  I tied it all up with some pink embroidery thread and added some of the adorable Oh My Heart Charms.


When you open it, it looks like an accordion. I love this style of album because I know it’s not going to fall apart when it’s opened. It was easy to embellish each page and I kept it pretty flat so it folds back up nicely without too much bulk.




It spreads out flat very easily as well. I like how I can see all the pages at once. It’s big enough to hold just enough of my photos but small enough that it’s short, sweet, and to the point.


 For the first spread, I started with Paper 05 from Take Me Away. It has Nevada on it which was perfect! I used a photo of us on the plane. The “here we go” stickers are from the Oh My Heart Sticker Book. I added a foiled heart die cut from the Fancy Free Ephemera Die Cuts and stitched through it. I used Paper 04 from Fancy Free for my second background and then used the “weekend” square from Oh My Heart Paper 16 and a Fancy Free die cut. I loved mixing and matching the collections!


My next two pages have Fancy Free Paper 12 and a 6x6 Paper Pad piece. Again, I mixed and matched. The flower die cut is from the Take Me Away Ephemera Die Cuts, the dotted piece is from the Fancy Free Ephemera Die Cuts, and I fussy cut the clipboard from Oh My Heart Paper 16. I also tucked in an Oh My Heart Puffy Sticker under the photo.  For the next page, I used more of the Take Me Away Ephemera Die Cuts and Fancy Free 6x6 Paper Pad. The black “More Fun” circle was cut from Oh My Heart Paper 16, and the “selfie” sticker is from the Sticker Book.



I decided not to use a photo on the next page. Instead, I broke things up by using a cut apart 3x4 piece from Fancy Free Paper 01 as my background. I used one of the Fancy Free acetate Ephemera pieces and stitched it down. Page six has Take Me Away Paper 09 as the background and a fussy cut piece from Oh My Heart Paper 16 again. I got a lot of use from that one paper! I added some tangled thread for a pop of aqua.


For the next page, I used Take Me Away Paper 20 for my background. I kept it simple by just adding a fussy cut ticket from Oh My Heart Paper 16 and a “weekend trip” tag from the Take Me Away Ephemera Die Cuts. I used the back of Take Me Away Paper 05 for the background of the last page. I layered another cut out from Oh My Heart Paper 16, added some thread, and called it done. I did go back and do some machine stitching on each page and added a small bit of journaling!


I had so much fun making this little album!  I am really happy with how it turned out.  I surprised myself, honestly...because I'm so used to just making 12x12 layouts.  I hope you like it....and if you'd like to watch how I made it, here's the video:



Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. This is just perfect. I struggle with mini albums as I am never sure how to use such tiny photos! you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete