Friday, April 28, 2017

Fly High / Bella Blvd

It's Friday...yay!  Thank goodness, am I right? :D  I have a new layout and process video to share today for Bella Blvd.  Our focus this week is the new Illustrated Faith Delight in His Day collection.  Right away I was inspired by all the fun hot air balloons in the Clear Cuts Pad.  I got the idea to create several different sized die cut balloons and create a fun sky background.  I found a few digital cut files in the Silhouette Store.  I backed the large one with papers from the 6x8 Paper Pad and cut the three medium sized ones from different 6x8 papers.  I pieced them together and machine stitched through them.  I think they turned out so cute!  The two tiny balloons are from the Clear Cuts Pad.

I created a fun sky by adding lots of blue spray ink to my background.  I did coat my white cardstock with white gesso first since I knew I'd be adding a lot of liquid to the paper.  The gesso protects the cardstock and gives it some strength and texture, and it allows your mixed media products to blend really well together.


I love how you can see the cardstock's texture through the gesso and spray inks.  Such a cool look!  I think these balloons turned out so cute.  I added a fussy cut heart on top of it.  My title comes from the Fundamentals sheet.  I added some tissue paper and adhesive foam under my photo as well as another Fundamentals sticker.


I did a bit of machine stitching in white on this balloon and raised it up with foam.  I also added some yellow and aqua thread under it for some added color and texture.  That cute pink scalloped border piece is a Fundamentals sticker.


Here is a closer look at a few of the balloons and the fun background.  I added another Fundamentals sticker right above the photo.








This actually came together really quickly for me...the hot air balloons did all the work!  Here's the process video if you'd like to see how I put it all together.


Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Be sure to check out the Bella Blvd YouTube channel for more inspiration and more information on all their collections.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Missy! I just viewed the video for this layout on YouTube and loved your final product! I came to your blog post to find out the specific ink sprays you used!

    ReplyDelete